Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Loving Scratch [CLOSED]
Tcapron69 Blue Sparx Gems: 921
#1 Posted: 17:20:45 01/04/2014 | Topic Creator
I just bought Scratch and finally got to play her yesterday! she is already level 7 and I'm loving her! she has become my new favorite!
---
Totally onboard for Trap Team!
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#2 Posted: 17:48:55 01/04/2014
I should get her this week and I can't wait!
---
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#3 Posted: 18:05:40 01/04/2014
ooh, is Scratch finally out?

Shame Activision took down my YouTube video of her all those months ago! She was one of my favourites.
I have refused to play her since while I waited for "official" release to try and stretch my enjoyment of the game, I really am not that into most of the figures at the moment.
The AWFUL release system in the UK probably has something to do with it. They are impossible to find and when a shop does have them it's mostly Giants figures and wave 1, maybe wave 2, that's it.

smilie

UK Sucks for Skylanders. Fully upgraded Scratch was amazing though smilie
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#4 Posted: 18:53:52 01/04/2014
I love her and I haven't even test drove this little cutie! I love that in idle she licks her paws. So cute! I just wanna pick her up and snuggle her! Ok. I'm done! Lol
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
dragon_fang21 Green Sparx Gems: 363
#5 Posted: 19:07:39 01/04/2014
I have two versions of her. One normal and one with red eyes and claws. As soon as my wife saw the ruby upgrades she wanted her figure specially painted. It actually turned out really nice.
#6 Posted: 19:31:52 01/04/2014
Quote: Pyrofer
ooh, is Scratch finally out?

Shame Activision took down my YouTube video of her all those months ago! She was one of my favourites.
I have refused to play her since while I waited for "official" release to try and stretch my enjoyment of the game, I really am not that into most of the figures at the moment.
The AWFUL release system in the UK probably has something to do with it. They are impossible to find and when a shop does have them it's mostly Giants figures and wave 1, maybe wave 2, that's it.

smilie

UK Sucks for Skylanders. Fully upgraded Scratch was amazing though smilie

That's why I have ordered from Germany.
---
Punk Shock Blue Sparx Gems: 689
#7 Posted: 22:45:25 01/04/2014
I'm a big Scratch fan, too! I was able to find her a few weeks ago at Toys R Us. I chose the Sapphire Mask upgrades and I can't say that I'm disappointed!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:46:02 01/04/2014 by Punk Shock
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#8 Posted: 23:23:22 01/04/2014
Gah, I wish the UK would hurry up and release her already.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#9 Posted: 03:33:38 02/04/2014
My only complaint with Scratch is I really don't like how she looks in all her upgrade armor. It's too tacky and overdone.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Tcapron69 Blue Sparx Gems: 921
#10 Posted: 04:11:46 02/04/2014 | Topic Creator
I went the ruby path and I still think she is so cute! I love her intro where it looks like she is pouncing something! I do wish I could pick her up and snuggle her. she'd prob tear my arm off like my real three kitties haha
---
Totally onboard for Trap Team!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#11 Posted: 05:10:37 02/04/2014
Scratch and Punk Shock both rock. There's a lot of Solo Survival levels I was unable to complete on Nightmare without these two. Girl power!
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#12 Posted: 11:47:34 02/04/2014
I haven't played her yet, so just based on what I've seen(I've just seen the trailer and read about her upgrades): I like her overall, but she doesn't seem like she has anything that'll make her stand out a ton to me. I like her design, her gameplay looks fun, but it just looks like something about her is lacking. She doesn't have any one thing I find super-cool like other Skylanders. Maybe it's just because her path upgrades are so similar(which is a shame because I really like trying out different paths to see how each plays out, and I hate when the paths are basically the same, which seems to be a problem with a bunch of SWAP Force characters).

Anyway, I think she'll end up like Fryno is to me right now, a good character who I liked playing and might pick up once in a while but who isn't so good that she's one of my favourites. She looks like an agile meleeist which is nice since it's just nice to see more of them in this game and I do like her design, especially since I'm a cat person, but I don't really think that those make her stand out that much when I feel like other Skylanders from this game are much more interesting to me. I'm hoping that she "pulls a Bumble Blast" and surprises me with pure fun-ness, or she has a nice personality like Punk Shock did(latter seems more likely- honestly, I think characters like Slobber Tooth and Bumble Blast wouldn't appeal to me a lot now because when they came out the whole game was new, so I associate memories of them with the newness of the game too).

Also, I'm just posting this because I think it's appropriate here with a couple others saying similar, I'm just not looking forward to any of the Skylanders coming out soon. I don't really dislike any of them, but they don't excite me at all. I feel like it'll be cool to play them for the sake of playing them, but I'm not actually hyped for them. And honestly, I haven't really been excited to actually play anyone since Spy Rise(I've been much more interested in the collecting part lately). Dune Bug was absolutely meh to me, Fryno and Punk Shock were good but not great, the biggest reason I want to play Trap Shadow is because he has to be better than Stink Bomb for Sneak, and likewise with Freeze Blade I want him largely because I think I'll like him better than Magna Charge as my Speed(though I still like Magna Charge so I'm content with him)- and Doom Stone seems iffy, and I went over Scratch. Maybe my expectations just went too high after Wind-Up came out(I haven't enjoyed any Skylander that came out this game as much as him, and besides Nitro Magna Jet [who I love because he is amazing for Time Attack] he's my current favourite to play). I don't mean to sound gloom-and-doomy, I just felt like venting that.

Also, /inb4 dwattz posts his path videos for Scratch here
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 12:23:48 02/04/2014 by Arc of Archives
Eric-K Gold Sparx Gems: 2211
#13 Posted: 15:38:12 02/04/2014
Scratch is the best at getting the money cheat (with the dummies and sky diamond) too. I usually get between 10,000-11,000 each time.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#14 Posted: 17:59:56 02/04/2014
Y'all are making me want to get Scratch now.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#15 Posted: 18:15:04 02/04/2014
She's easily my favorite out of Wave 4.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:15:21 02/04/2014 by Matteomax
Punk Shock Blue Sparx Gems: 689
#16 Posted: 18:51:52 02/04/2014
Quote: Okaps
My only complaint with Scratch is I really don't like how she looks in all her upgrade armor. It's too tacky and overdone.

I like her fully upgraded look, but I agree that it's a bit busy. I also wish, since she's apparently a sphinx, that her head was a bit more humanlike to match traditional sphinxes.
#17 Posted: 19:03:53 02/04/2014
Quote: Punk Shock

I like her fully upgraded look, but I agree that it's a bit busy. I also wish, since she's apparently a sphinx, that her head was a bit more humanlike to match traditional sphinxes.

Something like Sprocket's head would have suited her.

Or, if they wanted to be creative, have her mask be Human-looking.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#18 Posted: 00:43:33 03/04/2014

It does look like she went to the dollar store and bought all the cheap jewelry, doesn't it?

AoA, her pounce move affects a large area and incapacitates them for several seconds---allowing you to do additional follow up moves untouched. Also, the pounce move is VERY effective if there's a world boundary--I can kick them out of the ring very easily using that move. Also, her jewel move (if on the appropriate path) makes her a great medium range fighter as well. Well balanced, imo. The money providing health benefits helps players on harder difficulties. YMMV.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:49:24 03/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
spitfirefox Green Sparx Gems: 326
#19 Posted: 01:37:15 13/04/2014
You can add the Winged Hat to complete the fancy mask/costume jewelry look!

I had such a hard time deciding on a path for Scratch. I love the claw attack you get on the Ruby path, but I don't like the red eyes and claws. I'm going to try the Sapphire path again.
#20 Posted: 16:50:48 13/04/2014
I just realized that all of the four-legged Air 'landers are female. Scratch would've been a cute boy but whatever.
#21 Posted: 17:16:01 13/04/2014
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
I just realized that all of the four-legged Air 'landers are female. Scratch would've been a cute boy but whatever.

smilie Hey! smilie
---
scratchking22 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#22 Posted: 18:13:11 13/04/2014
Glad I didn't name myself after someone who's terrible.
---
~ Clinton/Kaine 2016 ~
#23 Posted: 03:24:36 14/04/2014
^It's funny you say that since I was actually going to say Scratch is a BEAST! I love her!

Quote: wreckingballbob
Quote: Hexin_Wishes

smilie Hey! smilie

LMAOOOO I always mistake Warnado for a Water 'lander and I do have him! smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me