Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Scalping [CLOSED]
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#101 Posted: 16:54:45 09/04/2014
Hm. Need to change the order of something here...

Quote: defpally
Most others simply gave up because they figured out you will grind and grind until you make them stop.

Oh?

Quote:
Now that's more like what I was expecting from good ole Unclebob.

Well then, glad I gave you what you were hoping for.

Quote:
Funny that you put down my 1,500 words yet you make a post with no less than 20 quotes and responses. I like to post. I can be wordy, but I like to put thought into what I say.
I didn't "put down" your fifteen hundred words. Merely pointing out that your entire "you put a lot of effort into something you don't care about" was... oh, what's that word again? Hypo....something....

Quote:
Yes, I expect people to conform to forum rules and standards if they expect to be good contributors. Rules exist to which people must conform to.

You know, I've looked over the rules a couple of times (mostly in relation to the "hacking"/"Illegal" issue) and I don't see anything in the rule about "Pics or it's fake!".

Quote:
And as you recognize, I do not attack others over it, I try to offer helpful advice to help them fit in better. I think that is pretty high class,

Agreed - and I've never said a word about *you* w/r/t "pics or it's fake" BS - in fact, I've often went out of my way to specify "generic you" or such in my statements where we've discussed it before.

Quote:
but hey if you think a wild west environment where people post every rumor they have ever heard from random people as if it is reliable information would be helpful, then I think you have a minority opinion.

Lucky for all of us, I don't think that.

Quote:
Do you know how many people just skim the posts and might have their time and gas wasted by some guy that "heard" some figure is coming out?

Gee - I sure hope no one wasted gas driving to New York for the Toy Fair event they likely couldn't get into anyway and not get the Red Dune Bug figure that didn't exist. Seriously, anyone who skims a post and runs out the front door... Look, I'm sorry - but in the future, don't be so gullible. Although I do have a bridge to sell you.

Quote:
This is what we expect as a protection for other users, if you were really thinking of others this would have crossed your mind. And yes, scammers have posted rumors on here before, you need to be more understanding about regular posters that have been burned in the past.

Have you ever considered that other posters here may not *want* your so-called "protection"?

Quote:
And no, I don't think "Conform or leave". I think "If this forum does not live up to your standards, find somewhere that does instead of demanding everyone thinks like you do".

And I think this is a dangerous line of thinking. We're a community and to demand that people should leave because they don't agree with your opinions on "scalping" or discussing rumors/early info... Just don't agree with that.

Quote:
And yeah I gather that you might have stopped "sharing". I guess we will have to do without the "I know the TRU release week special" with no other info. Or other "teasing" about things you have found out. If you know something, post it. If you are bitter about a previous experience, then don't. If it is sensitive information that could affect your job, then clarify that or wait until you can. Don't expect people beg you to share.

And I've never expected anyone to beg and it's insulting that you'd imply that.

Quote:
I assume you probably knew about Enchanted Star Strike early, based on a couple teases you posted. You know what, we all got it just fine without your help.

By your same logic, how many people drove to the store before it was released, wasting gas and time, based on the speculation that Walmart might have it - or when Canada got it early, how many people stopped by their local Florida store daily, wasting time and gas, looking for it - or to the various stores looking for the early releases of the Spring Editions? Or Freeze Blade/Trap Shadow? Or Best Buy's Sprocket? Or... oh, wait... he's not out yet. (That's how you "tease".) Providing early information and giving time frames helps save people time and gas by not sending them on wild goose chases looking for stuff that isn't out yet and won't be until sometime around May 11th or so.

Quote:
It's not revisionist history.

Wha...?
We go from...Quote:
I came in and you weren't part of this when I offered my opinion

to...Quote:
I know you posted before me. I saw your posts, and I didn't agree with them.

And somehow you're now trying to claim that you aren't trying to change the time frame that events occurred in?

Quote:
And no, I'm not the only one that has gotten into it with you, far from it.

Never, ever said you were the only one. I understand that some of my opinions aren't popular. I also understand that I don't care about my popularity.
#102 Posted: 17:31:20 09/04/2014
Quote:
Quote: defpally
I assume you probably knew about Enchanted Star Strike early, based on a couple teases you posted. You know what, we all got it just fine without your help.

By your same logic, how many people drove to the store before it was released, wasting gas and time, based on the speculation that Walmart might have it - or when Canada got it early, how many people stopped by their local Florida store daily, wasting time and gas, looking for it - or to the various stores looking for the early releases of the Spring Editions? Or Freeze Blade/Trap Shadow? Or Best Buy's Sprocket? Or... oh, wait... he's not out yet. (That's how you "tease".) Providing early information and giving time frames helps save people time and gas by not sending them on wild goose chases looking for stuff that isn't out yet and won't be until sometime around May 11th or so.

You know - I want to talk about this a little more.

I may be getting posters confused, since I'm not as good at reading or remembering things as you, but aren't you one of the most vocal critics of Activision's lack of release information and schedules? People have gotten Skylanders "just fine without" Activision's help of posting a release schedule in advance...

As for getting stuff - Hey, folks who paid crazy amounts for the Metallic Gill Grunt... would you have liked to have early information regarding his release at Toys R Us before you had paid crazy amounts for him on the secondary market? And for you folks who bought the Blue Wii Bundle for Gnarly - would you have enjoyed early information on his solo release? And for the folks wondering, right now, should I buy Quickdraw Rattle Shake on the secondary market now, in case his prices go up, or should I wait, in case he gets a solo in-store release... would you like a definitive answer regarding his future?

I know I would have liked an earlier answer on Gnarly (although I did get the Wii Bundle as a present... and I wanted a Second-Gen Wii... but lord knows I spent quite a bit of time trying to determine how I could purchase the bundle at the lowest cost to myself...)

Early information *helps* posters on this forum more than bad information *hurts* them. After all....
Quote: GhostRoaster
who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#103 Posted: 18:45:04 09/04/2014
You know what, I did another big typed out post - but I edited it out. No one else is reading anymore but you and you don't listen to reason. So, again, I'll be the bigger man and start ignoring you once more.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 19:14:19 09/04/2014 by defpally
#104 Posted: 19:41:25 09/04/2014
Awesome. Because I really wasn't looking forward to tearing apart that last excuse for a reply.

Your post was filled with lies, half-truths and misinformation (something you have a bit of a record for here), so S'all good, man. Until next time when you post some kind of BS and then get upset because I call you out on it.
thunder1648 Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#105 Posted: 22:22:08 09/04/2014
Wow,

You two fight like an old married couple. I didn't go back and read all the quotes and stuff but damn you guys are funny.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me